POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse : Re: Lighthouse Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 8 May 2004 11:23:51
Message: <409cfb87$1@news.povray.org>

kurtzlepirate-09EE8A.16445508052004@news.povray.org...

>   where to get infos of this method ??
>   thanks

I just quote Jaime's  april/29/2004 response in "My LOTW project" thread on
this group:

>    Casually, I'm just tweaking this texture. Now I simlified it a bit,
> removing the intersection. The same terrain itself translated a bit is
> enough. There is the relevant part:
>
>   #declare terrain_coast=object{terrain translate Foam_Level*y}
>   #declare m_water=
>   material{
>    texture{
>     pigment_pattern{object{terrain_coast rgb 0, rgb 1}}
>     texture_map{
>       [0 t_water]
>       [1 t_foam]
>     }
>     scale 100 warp{turbulence .3 lambda 3} scale 1/100
>     scale 1000 warp{turbulence .3 lambda 3} scale 1/1000
>    }
>

>    The translation amount depends on your scene scale and how much foam
> you want, and the same can be applied to the warps scale.

the trick is to use an object as pattern
either the calculated point is inside the object and the returned value is 1
or the point is outside and the value is 0
It is a boolean pattern

my complete code for the sea (including isosurface and material) is on the
p.b.s-f group

Marc