POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hypercube wireframe (~140KB) : Re: Hypercube wireframe (~140KB) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hypercube wireframe (~140KB)
From: Andrew C on Mozilla
Date: 7 May 2004 14:51:39
Message: <409bdabb@news.povray.org>
> Wow! Sixteen reflective spheres above a plane!

No checkers tho. ;-)

> Seriously: I am not so sure anymore that povray is a good choice for 4D
> visualization. The problem is that all these reflections make your object
> look like it really belongs in 3D space. In the old days when wireframes
> were "just lines" it was easier to acknowledge that what you see is only
> a representation of something else. Maybe it would help to make the edges
> thinner and the vertices smaller. Maybe I'm just missing the animation.

Well... the trouble with a true wireframe is that it can be just a mass
of lines, and it's hard to figure out (no pun!) what you're actually
supposed to be seeing.

A full render like this makes it easier to see the 3D form. Attempting
to see a 4D form is probably impossible. Strictly you probably don't
*need* the reflections, but I feel it helps you place things in 3D.

> Anyway: Beautiful image.

Well, I'm glad you like it. :-) I do too!

> And don't remove the red spots from the floor.
> The image would look rather pale without them.

Yeah... haven't got them to look quite right yet... I only recently got
into texture layering in POV-Ray - fun, isn't it? ;-)

Andrew @ home.