POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can't get photons to bring about desired refraction : Re: Can't get photons to bring about desired refraction Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:31:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't get photons to bring about desired refraction
From: Alain
Date: 6 May 2004 18:38:08
Message: <409abe50@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias v2.0 nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/06 18:25... :

>And, if I'm not mistaken, dispersion should be >1 to produce any kind of
>rainbow-effect, try using 1.01 or such.
>
>Regards,
>Tim

The sphere have distersion=1 and the cylinder have dispersion=1.1.
"Natural" value goes from >1 to 1.1, but you can use about any value
!=1, even negative if you want.
Try using  "dispersion_samples" with a value greater than the default of 7
Alain