POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hypercube wireframe (~140KB) : Re: Hypercube wireframe (~140KB) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hypercube wireframe (~140KB)
From: Mark Weyer
Date: 7 May 2004 04:13:12
Message: <409B4565.6050108@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>
Wow! Sixteen reflective spheres above a plane!

Seriously: I am not so sure anymore that povray is a good choice for 4D
visualization. The problem is that all these reflections make your object
look like it really belongs in 3D space. In the old days when wireframes
were "just lines" it was easier to acknowledge that what you see is only
a representation of something else. Maybe it would help to make the edges
thinner and the vertices smaller. Maybe I'm just missing the animation.

Anyway: Beautiful image. And don't remove the red spots from the floor.
The image would look rather pale without them.

--
merge{#local i=-11;#while(i<11)#local
i=i+.1;sphere{<i*(i*i*(.05-i*i*(4e-7*i*i+3e-4))-3)10*sin(i)30>.5}#end