POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : "povmap.gif" problem. : Re: "povmap.gif" problem. Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "povmap.gif" problem.
From: Slime
Date: 4 May 2004 20:25:58
Message: <40983496$1@news.povray.org>
> Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't know how to use comment tags properly to
> comment out stuff. I rendered with an error saying, "No */ closing comment
> found." The error was found at the BACKGROUND command. Could you check
> below to see what I did wrong?

Although, as Spock mentioned, C++ and most similar languages do not support
/* /* */ */ nesting, POV-Ray *does* support comment nesting, and that's why
it doesn't like your code. Your code has:

/*#declare Rusty=pigment {
/*box {
} // (end of base texture)*/

But POV-Ray expects another */ somewhere to end the comment that began at
#declare Rusty. Note that the syntax coloring does not accurately reflect
this fact.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]