POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : "povmap.gif" problem. : Re: "povmap.gif" problem. Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "povmap.gif" problem.
From: Spock
Date: 4 May 2004 09:13:56
Message: <40979714@news.povray.org>
Stephen Parkinson has already explained the two comment types so I won't repeat his
text, but I should point out that when you close the comment that
starts with

/*#declare Rusty=pigment

then you have a second problem on the line that starts with

/*box {

In traditional C programming (which this is not) it is not possible to nest the /* */
comments.  The following is invalid and will not parse:

/* hello /* world */ */

I mention this because the box contains a Silver_Metal texture that has been commented
out.

Kinda messy right now but I'm sure you will figure it out.

Good luck.