POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Monday abstract (fun with spheres) : Re: Monday abstract (fun with spheres) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:30:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monday abstract (fun with spheres)
From: St
Date: 3 May 2004 15:49:15
Message: <4096a23b$1@news.povray.org>

> Whao. That truly does not look like a computer-generated image.

  This was one of those images that just took any route. There's nine
spheres in this image, two you can't see because I don't know where
they are <seriously, well, they're either up or down, but I didn't
care to check>, and yes, even those floating pieces of 'starfield3'
are part of a sphere.

First
> time I've ever seen anything even remotely like the orange piece in
> render. Very nice. Very wall-friendly as well, though I'd crop it
> differently.

    Thanks. I love doing these images. To tell you the truth Shay,
this really *is* my style on paper, whether with pencil, felt-tips or
crayon. I think I could come up with one of these every other day or
so using Pov though, (or at least, I 'feel' that I could).
  The gold 'sphere' was made in Wings using 'bridge', where if you
select two faces on any object, you can create a hole through it, (as
long as they're more or less opposite). I did this to a whole sphere
in a chequered pattern, and then smoothed it twice.

   Take a look at my next image and see what you think.

    ~Steve~