POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Dominoes (wip) : Re: Glass Dominoes (wip) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:33:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Dominoes (wip)
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 2 May 2004 01:32:48
Message: <40948800$1@news.povray.org>
a photon is cast from a light source, then
travels intro the scene. The scene can focus
photons on a spot or disperse them, creating
dark areas. Here, the dominos are superellipsoids
with a wrinkles normal.

The max_trace_level is 5, both for photons
and for normal light, which is ok for most
scenes.

I may render with a deeper level, and more
photons, but I can't increase the photon
density a lot more: it already takes 700 M
of memory, and I only have 1G of physical
memory on by linux box (the render-slave.)

Best,

    S.

--
Steven Pigeon, Ph. D.