POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : another one bites the dust : another one bites the dust Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  another one bites the dust
From: Tek
Date: 30 Apr 2004 00:05:23
Message: <4091d083@news.povray.org>
This is an unfinished WIP for the great inventions round. I thought I'd post it
here to get some comments but it's by no means worthy of entry into the
competition! I worked on it for about a week, then got distracted by
real-life(TM) and now I'm working on something for the "dancing" animation
round.

The concept with this image is showing modern technology in ruins and decay, an
inevitable consequence of innovation. The nature of technology is that it
becomes obsolete, but the principles discovered and developed for that
technology form the very foundation of whatever will ultimately replace it. So
in the background of the scene we see a futuristic city (you need a little
imagination here) and a spaceship taking off in an aspirational manner. I was
going to include a bunch of devices highlighting major areas of
technological/scientific/social advancement (the TVs are placeholders but I
would have had one or two there anyway), the watch symbolises time and the
measurement thereof which is one of the greatest acheivements in relatively
recent history, I was also going to show communication (cell phones, internet,
etc) and entertainment (the TVs, maybe a games console), as well as whatever
other random junk came to mind!

Incidentally the phrase "another one bites the dust" was meant to refer to my
failure to complete this image, although it also serves as a pretty good title
for the piece! :)

Any feedback you have about this idea would be appreciated, although I realise
there's a limit to how much you can critique a blatantly unfinished image! I'd
particularly like to know what you think of the concept.

Thanks
--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com