POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Some Lip Synch Testing : Re: Some Lip Synch Testing Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Lip Synch Testing
From: =Bob=
Date: 29 Apr 2004 22:30:31
Message: <4091ba47$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote in message news:4091b538$1@news.povray.org...
: =Bob= wrote:
: > I was working on this for the "Classic Sci-Fi"
: > project but (as usual) never finished it. I want
: > to start working on this again and would
: > appreciate some feedback.
:
: It looks promising, but rather jerky and wobbling...
:
: Perhaps you are using cubic splines for the movement? That can create
: quite wobbling results, that are not always desired. I've had the best
: success with linear splines for lip synching.

I used linear splines. It's jerky most likely because they are
all hand positioned.

: I created an extensive lip synch system include file back in 2002 which
: give quite good control over the interpolation of the phonemes in a
: rather flexible way. I only created some bicubic-patches mouth for it,
: but it could be extended to work with other objects.
:
: I did these two animations with it, that can be seen on this page:
: http://runevision.com/3d/anims/
:
: (It's the two called "Lip Synch System" and "AL the Alien - Talking".)
:
: > http://www.comet-cartoons.com/toons/3ddocs/lipsync/lipsync.html
:
: Ah, I used that one too!
:
: > http://www.garycmartin.com/phoneme_examples.html
:
: Nice one too. Hadn't seen that one before.
:
: Rune

Thanks Rune. I appreciate the suggestions.
=Bob=