POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : BBQ by night : Re: BBQ by night Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BBQ by night
From: Jim Charter
Date: 29 Apr 2004 11:29:31
Message: <40911f5b$1@news.povray.org>
Pleasing scene and some very nice detailing with the architecture and
accoutrements.  Not entirely sure what I am lookingat though.  Would
this be a sort of courtyard or archaid for a private dwelling?  The
external exposure would result in ineveitable weathering of the painted
stucco which would add much to the charm as well as the realism.

You seem to have a texture applied to the wall enclosing the bbq but the
lighting doesn't show it up at all.  I am not sure why.

But I see you have put a great deal of effort so far into achieving the
look of natural surfaces.  You are also working hard to explore the
effects of artificial lighting.  You need to get these two interests to
compliment each other I'm thinking.