POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How I Spent the Winter Part 3 : Re: How I Spent the Winter Part 3 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How I Spent the Winter Part 3
From: Shay
Date: 29 Apr 2004 11:18:55
Message: <40911cdf@news.povray.org>
"Brendan Hurley" <mbh### [at] sabernet> wrote in message

Does this series of pictures represent the order in which you built this
project? The design is very attractive, but to be honest, the
implausible curved windows bother me.

I'm not sure if you wanted suggestions, but I do have a couple.

The horizontal details above and below the windows are IMO too bold.
They give the illusion that they are structural pieces and contribute to
a cottage look. I would diminish these considerably and then recess the
windows in relation to the concrete walls rather than in relation to
these details.

I would also suggest breaking up the horizontal lines by making raising
the ceiling of the bottom floor of the patio extension. A door from the
bottom floor of this extension leading to a raised deck with perhaps an
outside staircase leading to the top might work as well. Might also be
too much.??

Basically, I think that the entire building will have a more modern (if
indeed this is what you want) design if you start with a basic form and
then create your building by taking away (never adding) until the
building is nearly complete. *Then*, go back and add in only very small
and light (as in physically not heavy) details.

 -Shay