POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Temple (WIP): Overview : Re: Temple (WIP): Overview Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Temple (WIP): Overview
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Apr 2004 02:38:47
Message: <4090a2f7@news.povray.org>
I still have a couple of puzzles.
1) the shape of the roof is unclear. The real temple was never finished, but
I suppose that the roof was flat, not with a triangular front. I think this,
in particular, because of the courtyard open to the sky, where the shrine is
situated. Also, I have not seen (yet) any reconstructions contradicting this
view. Any ideas?
2) Two small tunnels slope downwards from the "pronaos" (i.e. the first part
of the temple, the reception area) to the "adyton" (i.e. the open
courtyard). On maps of the temple, and on both sides of the hall with the
two columns, there seem to be staircases also leading down. I have no idea
how both (tunnels and staircases) join together. Any ideas?

Thomas