POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Temple (WIP) : Re: Temple (WIP) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Temple (WIP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Apr 2004 12:19:13
Message: <408fd981@news.povray.org>
"Tim McMurdo" <jod### [at] wohrrcom> schreef in bericht
> Excellent modeling work. I can feel the space. Impressive so far.

Thank you. It started as another project and then it got out of control.

> Thomas wrote:
> You have to understand that I used heightfields for the spirals.
>
> I find this interesting. How do you generate the height field to begin
with?
> Is it done in POV or do you use another application?

I use an image map (see the attachment) as heightfield. I had the chance to
have a detailed engraving reproduction that I processed in PaintShopPro. The
leafs are not perfect, but at a distance they look quite realistic. After
that, it is just POV.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: