POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Temple (WIP) : Re: Temple (WIP) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Temple (WIP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Apr 2004 09:17:18
Message: <408faede@news.povray.org>
"Przemek Loesch" <p_l### [at] pocztaonetpl> schreef in bericht

> Great! Very impressive! Good work.
> The only little thing possible to correct is the intercolumniation between
> the two middle columns. It is usually slightly bigger and equals 3
diameters
> of column (according to Vitruvius) unless the temple of Apollo in Didyma
was
> an exeption.

Hmm... If I read the plans correctly (those published by the official
instances, archeological or otherwise), the intercollumniation seems to be
equal everywhere in this temple. Now, it may be that Vitruvius was refering
to Roman temples? Although, of course, he based himself largely on Greek
examples. So, I am not sure, as far as Didyma is concerned. I shall have to
go there to do the measurements!!!

Thomas