POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Temple (WIP) : Re: Temple (WIP) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Temple (WIP)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Apr 2004 07:36:50
Message: <408f9752@news.povray.org>
"Remy Closset" <NOS### [at] tiscalifr> schreef in bericht
> Very nice job Thomas, following your column post in mdl file!.
> Just an observation : can you post a view from above, so we will better
> understand the organization of the building. Very good observation of the
> orientation of the capitals on the front and the sides of the building.
Only
> one thing: I can't see on thre drawing, are the two overhangs of the main
> building in the front porch.
> Have you an idea for the pediments and the roofing?

Yes, I shall post an overview, especially as the roof is not yet built, this
will give a clear impression.
The capitals were especially tricky for the corner columns. You have to
understand that I used heightfields for the spirals. However, on the
corners, the spiral is bent 45 degrees. So I made a combination with
differences of four (4) heightfields to solve the problem.
Not sure I understand what you mean by the two overhangs.
Indeed the large scene-like door is not visible here because of the crowding
of the columns.

Thans for the comments, by the way!!

Thomas