POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Ship decelerating... : Re: Ship decelerating... Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ship decelerating...
From: Rarius
Date: 27 Apr 2004 19:35:00
Message: <408eee24@news.povray.org>
"Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> Professional look to it, and surprisingly short code too. Nicely done all
> around. Agonizingly short play though, like a teaser tidbit would be in a
> commercial for the TV show.
> ;-)

I had to cut it down to get the server to accept the post... As it is its
956Kb posted (692Kb originally) and thats minimum  quality on my DivX
encoder!

The code I posted in the message was just for the texture! ;-) The POV file
is 12Kb...

> Truthfully, only bad thing might be that it could be said to lack
> originality in that it also looks a little ST NG, DS9, etc. (common TV
> sci-fi spaceship scenes).

Originality is difficult to achieve when there are SO many spaceships out
there already.  I'm sure you could find precursors to most of the spacecraft
posted on here

>So would be interesting if this were put into an
> eventful environment, perhaps like passing a blackhole too closely.

I'm trying to work up an adversary... and have a battle, but god knows the
size of the AVI by the time I'm finished!

> Anyhow, I really like what you've done already.
>
> Bob H.

Thanks for the comments...

Rarius