POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : carpet or not to carpet ;) : Re: carpet or not to carpet ;) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: carpet or not to carpet ;)
From: Ross
Date: 27 Apr 2004 11:05:21
Message: <408e76b1$1@news.povray.org>
"wlo" <wlo### [at] wppl> wrote in message

> Hi all!
>
> I'm a beginner in using pov-ray and creating 3D images. [snip]

Welcome to the group

> p.s.2. is every computer is too slow for 3D or only mine (PC)??? :)

yes. i think it holds true that no matter how fast your computer is, it is
too slow for raytracing. as for a carpet, i only once made such a thing and
it was only while experimenting with Gilles Tran's MakeGrass macro.
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources01.htm What i made wasn't
really a clean carpet though, more of a shag. There are probably better ways
to do it. You could search through these newsgroups for Fur include files or
macros. If  I remember correctly, some time ago someone made some objects
that were, for lack of a better term, carpetted cat shelves (little
sleeping/climbing places for house cats). I couldn't find them though.

Runes Fur texture might be of help too. check out
http://runevision.com/3d/povgoodies/ This i havn't used, but it looks cool.