POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Goodbye WIP Take 2 : Re: Goodbye WIP Take 2 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Goodbye WIP Take 2
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 Apr 2004 04:57:45
Message: <408e2089$1@news.povray.org>
> Tim, I really like your work, but the woman's arm appears to be in an
> unnatural position. Maybe try putting it with the forearm at a 90 degree
> angle (give or take and the palm facing forward) might make it appear
> more natural (although that might not convey the same message).

Yeah, I was pondering about that as well. Though it is quiet possible to
hold your arm like that (tried it and when viewing the Model in Poser with
different angles it is obvious that it is natural), the angle seems to ruin
it. I'm still working on that part, hence, it's still WIP.

> Also, the man not facing her would not see her waving so what is the
> point? I would think that rotating the man towards her a little more might
> help. Maybe even turn his face a little towards the woman while still
> looking down.

Well, the idea is that he *knows* that she's leaving. But come to think
about it, it might even be better to do it reversed: he's waving her a
goodbye, but she's not looking and just leaving... That would make her care
even less...

> No matter what you decide to do, thanks for sharing your wonderful works
> with us. They really make me wish I was able to generate images that would
> evoke the emotions that yours do.

Thanks for the praise! :-)

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"