POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Memory : Re: Update, Try 2 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Update, Try 2
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 26 Apr 2004 08:50:06
Message: <408d057e@news.povray.org>
> I prefer the original. It had a sense of an invisible person being
> revealed by a gentle rain...this is more like someone getting sprayed in
> the face with a hose. The original just hinted at what was there, this
> one buries it in noise.

It's difficult to get the amount right when coming to terms with
randomness... Though I can understand your viewpoint, I think this one
describes better how definitive the effect of the missing person is on the
environment. It's like she's solid and present, even though she's not.
Additionally, to make her face visible, I have to trace quiet a few
particles onto it, or it would just pop up as some distorted face-like
thingy. In some earlier attempts that looked more scary and aggressive,
which is completely the other side of what I wanted.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"