POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dark (WIP) : Re: Dark (WIP) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dark (WIP)
From: Dan P
Date: 24 Apr 2004 19:29:57
Message: <408af875@news.povray.org>
Robert Richens wrote:

> I've been working on this off and on for a while.  I drop it when I think I've done
everything as well as my current knowledge permits, then pick it up again when I've
learned something new.  Have a look, let me know what you think.  I'm struggling with
the textures (too plain?) and doors (look too new).  Any ideas on distressing the
edges randomly?

Awesome!
A bit dark -- if you own Photoshop, try this:

Menu Image : Adjustments : Levels
Slide the triangles to intersect the high and low points of the
luminosity histogram.
You can also use "Auto" which tries to do that to all histograms
automagically (it often works well, but sometimes it really changes the
colors).

Using that trick, you can usually balance most images and bring out
details much easier.
--
Respectfully,
Dan P