POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question about Table Settings : Re: Question about Table Settings Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about Table Settings
From: Dan P
Date: 24 Apr 2004 19:24:30
Message: <408af72e$1@news.povray.org>
Matt Burns wrote:

> Uzytkownik "Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> napisal w wiadomosci
>
>>I'm partial to HamaPatch myself. Most people seem to like Wings3D. These
>>are both patch editors.
>
> Yesterday I was toying around with Wings3D just to check it out how much
> does it take to replicate the Wings3D logo. I am not an experienced Wings3D
> modeler, but as far as I know it is nothing to do with patch modeling. I
> would rather say that it is mesh subdivision-based modeller.

I agree with this; I brought up Wings3D and found it impossible to do
what I could do in Hamapatch. But so many people love it, I just figured
I didn't spend enough time exploring the tool and/or did not understand
how to use it properly. This still may be true -- but from what I've
seen, my brain can get around HamaPatch a lot easier than Wings3D.
--
Respectfully,
Dan P