POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity Experiment : Re: Radiosity Experiment Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Experiment
From: Tek
Date: 24 Apr 2004 01:02:42
Message: <4089f4f2$1@news.povray.org>
> You're right!
> http://www.atariarchives.org/cap/showpage.php?page=126

Thought so. Although a lot of the effects were actually hand drawn (the frisbee,
most of the static backgrounds). But the 3D stuff was all ray traced.

> It is still the best way to do it, IMHO. You aren't limited by some
> programmer's idea of a GUI.

Well these days most of the professional packages have a user interface mostly
designed by people who use it, because the evolution of the GUI has been gradual
over many years based on feedback from users and competition from other
packages. The problem is that this isn't true of free software, so personally I
think pov's the best option.

But Wings3D is cool too :)

Anyway, we've got way off topic so I'm gonna shut up now.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com