POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some Allen keys... (wip) : Re: Some Allen keys... (wip) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Allen keys... (wip)
From: St
Date: 23 Apr 2004 14:15:57
Message: <40895d5d@news.povray.org>
"stephen parkinson" <ste### [at] zmemw16demoncouk> wrote in message

> actually thinking about it, the coils on mine are composed of about
2 or
> 3 turns parallel sided, then it goes conical from about 5 turns

    Is it just the parallel coils that are holding the keys? I haven't
got any here at the moment, so these were from memory.

> how many lights, 3 ?

   One area light and one point light set at rgb <.8, .8, .8>. I was
trying to see if the point light might 'grey' the keys a little more.

> maybe dim the high intensity one, and move it to reduce the glare
off
> the tile ?

  Yes, I wasn't sure if I should keep that or not, but then, I'm sure
I've seen an example of this in RL. I'll re-render, and move it around
a little.

     ~Steve~