POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Returning to POV news : Re: Returning to POV news Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Returning to POV news
From: Brendan Hurley
Date: 22 Apr 2004 17:54:03
Message: <40883efb$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the replies, guys,

This house model was designed and refined over the last several months
(working about 8-15 hours a week, most weeks). Most of the features are
hard-coded, but there are a few macros in it; I do plan to include
more...thanks for suggesting the open/close feature! I honestly never
thought of that! In the previous versions of this building there were two
complete blocks of code for the open and the closed door. I guess I could
make each window, door, wall frame, and wall panel into a macro. I just have
such limited time to sit for hours each night that the thought of re-writing
major pieces of code is intimidating. But, I'll give it a try this summer.

Without drifting "off topic', and without stirring up a controversy, I will
say that I got my new computer through simple prayer. I am not a Christian
or of any formal faith, but I do know that "prayer", "focused thought",
"meditation", or "whatever you call it" works if you work it. I had a
legitimate need; I mentioned my desire for new hardware upgrades to several
friends; I said a sincere, non-greedy "prayer" to the Great Spirit of the
Universe; I went on about daily life without further thought about the
matter. Six weeks later one of my friends drove up to my apartment and
handed me this new machine. ( Pentium 3 500; 256M RAM; 20G hard drive; fast
video card; Win 2000 with a complete suite of every program I desired, the
newest versions. )

So, I hope this 5th version of my Our_House project will be finished by the
end of this summer: architecture, landscaping, interior decorating,
furniture, house plants, pools, fountains, plumbing, A/C & heating,
utilities, lighting, atmosphere/media/interior, etc etc.

Source code to be posted to scene.files soon...
Thanks for your support,
Blessings,
                 Brendan

--