POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Toy pump (~101kb jpeg) : Toy pump (~101kb jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Toy pump (~101kb jpeg)
From: Alex Kluchikov
Date: 22 Apr 2004 05:30:16
Message: <408790a8@news.povray.org>
Hello.

  This object was rendered to be used on a small advertisement calendar
card. Then I looked at it again and saw it is good enough to become a
separate scene itself. So, I re-rendered it with good quality and
corresponding environment to post. And now I proudly present The Small Pump!
I will be glad to receive any comments. And will be happy to share the
source, if anybody interested.

  And now it is time for some technical description. The object is simple
union of cylinders, tori, cones and spheres. The hose is made of a lot of
spheres. No radiosity was used, only large area-lights were. Render time was
about 12h on 2 GHz Celeron (I can not say more precisely, I had to continue
tracing). I used very high area-lights settings (11, 11, adaptive 4) and AA
(method 2 depth 2 threshold 0).

  Sincerely Yours,

  Alex  Kluchikov.

Post a reply to this message