POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : incredibly slow abstract wallpaper : Re: incredibly slow abstract wallpaper Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: incredibly slow abstract wallpaper
From: Dan P
Date: 19 Apr 2004 23:40:25
Message: <40849ba9$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> The last version of this scene took about 30 minutes to render, this version
> took over 10 hours!

Looks really cool! There's something -- creepy about it, though. It is
reminiscent of pain -- like an eyeball being squeezed or -- wtf is wrong
with me anyway. Perhaps IMBJR would have insight? :-)

> I've changed the sphere into 2 isosurfaces (one silver one and one coloured
> one), plus I've added some really nice focal blur. Hey maybe if I add some media
> I can get the render time over a day? :)

Yeah; and if you double the blur samples you're probably lookin' at a
week too! :-)
--
Respectfully,
Dan P