POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brushed Metal : Brushed Metal Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Brushed Metal
From: Xilo Musimene
Date: 18 Apr 2004 14:11:04
Message: <4082c4b8@news.povray.org>
Hi there,
   I'm currently working on my IRTC wip for the Great Invention still.

I was wondering what you thought of this brushed metallic cylinder?

Source code for cylinder is:

cylinder { <0, -5, 0>, <0, 5,0>, 1
   texture {
     pigment { rgb 1 }
     normal { bump_map { png "BrushedMetal.png" map_type 2 interpolate 2}
       translate <0,-0.5,0> scale y*5 bump_size 7
     }
     finish {
       ambient 0
       reflection 0.6
       brilliance 5
       specular 0.01
       metallic
     }
   }
   rotate z*60
}

And first image is the Render, took 78 secs on my 450Mhz.
And second image is a sample of the texture I used to brush the cylinder!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'brushedcylinder.png' (163 KB) Download 'brushedmetal_sample.png' (31 KB)

Preview of image 'brushedcylinder.png'
brushedcylinder.png

Preview of image 'brushedmetal_sample.png'
brushedmetal_sample.png