POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : many cubes [75 KB] : Re: many cubes [75 KB] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: many cubes [75 KB]
From: JWV
Date: 17 Apr 2004 16:12:17
Message: <40818fa1$1@news.povray.org>
> It should be possible to decrease the amount of memory required
> (divide it by 4). At the first iteration, since blok is a simple cube,
> balk is equivalent to a box { <0, 0, 0>, <5, 1, 1> } although it is
> done with 4 boxes.

I tried to  make the code work like that, but it was more complex.

> Of course, this is only true so long as f is set to 1, with higher
> values the results won't look the same...

That is the problem indeed.

I might try to make it work anyway. It should be possible by making the
first "blok" a union of 8 box{0, <5,1,1>}. Then setting the level to 3
will - should :-) - have the same effect as the level 4 in the old file.

But I will do that tommorow since i need some sleep now.

Greetings,

JWV

BTW, thanks to all of you for all the replies!