POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 4 crashes upon completing a render : Re: Beta 4 crashes upon completing a render Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 4 crashes upon completing a render
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 17 Apr 2004 14:00:23
Message: <408170b7$1@news.povray.org>
Program ended abnormally on 17/04/2004 12:23, Due to a catastrophic StephenS error:

>>I can run a render and stop it midway without a problem, but once a
>>render is complete I get the message, "This program has performed an
>>illegal operation and will be shut down.

> I get the same message, but not on all renders.
> A scene that fails will always fail, but not all scenes fail.
> Will post an update if I see a pattern.

Same here.  Even the trick i used to get beta 2 to not crash ( disabling all
messages with -ga) no longer works.  :(

AMD Athlon 650 MHz.
512 MB ram
Win98 SE.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }