POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 4 crashes upon completing a render : Re> Beta 4> Another important message Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re> Beta 4> Another important message
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 17 Apr 2004 13:04:21
Message: <40816341.4060007@hotmail.com>
Sorry to cluster-post like this, but.....

It may be important to note that when I uninstalled 3.6 beta 4 and
rebooted my computer, the POV 3.5 icon was missing from my desktop. I
found the icon in the usual place and put it back onto my desktop. Ran
POV-Ray 3.5 and it worked fine.

I think somehow 3.6 beta 4 'took over' that desktop icon and made me
think I was using 3.5... when it's very possible I was using 3.6 beta 4!
This could explain why version 3.5 stopped working normally.

-Samuel Benge