POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Muchos Huevos : Re: Muchos Huevos Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Muchos Huevos
From: Andrew C on Mozilla
Date: 17 Apr 2004 12:22:29
Message: <408159c5$1@news.povray.org>
> I was inspired by Andrew C's Easter post so I decided to make some eggs.

*sits down*

Well, I _believe_ that's a first for this NG... someone inspired by ME! Heh.

> This is my first try at randomly placing a large number (3500) of objects
> with a rudimentary test to avoid intersecting objects.  It ran last night on
> a 2 GHz Pentium:  8 hours 45 minutes parse, 38 minutes trace.

Hmm... obviously something not quite right with the algorithm then...
(as Tim already pointed out). The last one of His suggestions was the
first thing that occurred to me.

(I once tried to do a system for randomly placing spheres so that they
touch. That was pretty slow too - and still didn't look right. Mind you,
what I really wanted was something gravitationally stable, which wasn't
in my algorithm at all...)

Andrew @ home.