POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Muchos Huevos : Re: Muchos Huevos Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Muchos Huevos
From: Rune
Date: 17 Apr 2004 12:00:32
Message: <408154a0$1@news.povray.org>
Sun Tzu wrote:
> I find it very frustrating when I've been keeping
> up with a thread to scroll all the way down to the
> new stuff at the bottom every time.

That's when people quote way to much... Otherwise you shouldn't have to
scroll.

> That is the way I've always seen email done as well.
> The current comments at the top and the thread
> history below.

No, no! You're not supposed to include any history at all! Only the
parts strictly necessary should be included when you're replying
directly to them, and that should be above your reply. If the quoted
text is not necessary to get meaning out of your post, then just strip
it away altogether. :)

Take this post as an example. There are two statements of yours that I
replied to, so I first quoted the first one and replied to that one, and
then quoted the second one and replied to that one. My replies wouldn't
have made much sense if there were no quotes at all, yet I only quoted
very little text, so you don't have to scroll. :)

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Mar 9**