POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Parsys Example Animation (MPG1, 458kb) : Re: Modified Water, Take 2 (MPG1, 382kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified Water, Take 2 (MPG1, 382kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 17 Apr 2004 07:20:39
Message: <40811307@news.povray.org>
> To be honest, I can't see any difference... :(
> Except that the water spreads a bit wider on the ground, but that was
> not the issue.
>
> I just tried the sink test I described and the water does indeed just
> slide off the surface without bouncing up at all. See attached sketch...

Allright, here's the latest. The particles now divide into several smaller
ones, where the upward direction is limited to a certain degree.
Additionally, droplets don't rebounce but just slide along surfaces. This
looks pretty convincing to me, and I think this is what I'll stick to. Now
on to another over-nighter. :-)

Thanks for the comments!

Regards,
Tim