POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Parsys Example Animation (MPG1, 458kb) : Just modified Water (MPG1, 396kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Just modified Water (MPG1, 396kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 16 Apr 2004 20:20:30
Message: <4080784e@news.povray.org>
[SNIP]
> Back to your animation. For some reason, once the water hits the ball, I
> think it looks more like ice particles than like liquid water. I think
> that is because water doesn't bounce nearly that much, but rather just
> flow along the surface to get "out of the way".
[SNIP]

So, how about this? Water is less "splashy" now, but maybe it's still too
much. I'll have to run a few more tests tomorrow to get it correct. I'll try
one without any "splash" at all, but I'll have to greatly modify the macro
that creates the splashing effect (as it places new, smaller particles and
their velocities based on the original particle, hence, when doing a less
splashy effect, I need a different calculation for the velocities).

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"