POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Parsys Example Animation (MPG1, 458kb) : Re: Parsys Example Animation (MPG1, 458kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parsys Example Animation (MPG1, 458kb)
From: Rune
Date: 16 Apr 2004 06:49:59
Message: <407fba57@news.povray.org>
Very nice! :) This is exactly the kind of scene I was talking about. In
fact I think I had planned to make a similar animation (water putting
off a fire) for my own particle system, but never got around to doing
it.

Back to your animation. For some reason, once the water hits the ball, I
think it looks more like ice particles than like liquid water. I think
that is because water doesn't bounce nearly that much, but rather just
flow along the surface to get "out of the way". Try to open your nearest
tab and watch the water as it hits the sink - it doesn't bounce into a
lot of water drops, it just slides along the surface...

As you say, the fire could be improved, but it still looks quite fine,
and the smoke looks really good! Overall a cool example animation. :)

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Mar 9**