POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Head Experiment : Head Experiment Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Head Experiment
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 16 Apr 2004 06:23:41
Message: <407fb42d@news.povray.org>
Hi All

Head modeled in Silo, veins added in ZBrush 2 this image is at subdivision
5. I also made a copy at subdivision 7 which produced a 750mb obj file -
3DWin and Pov coped easily but my system struggled, for instance, it would
not let me load the inc file from 3DWin into the Pov editor as there was not
enough memory. Normally such output would be in the form of a displacement
map and a low res mesh( the way the pros are moving) but Pov does not
support subpixel displacement maps.
Meshes at subdivision 7 can hold amazingly intricate detail but I'll have to
wait a few more years before I use it in Pov!

Mick

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Head2.jpg' (21 KB)