POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Parsys Example Animation (MPG1, 458kb) : Parsys Example Animation (MPG1, 458kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Parsys Example Animation (MPG1, 458kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 16 Apr 2004 05:33:22
Message: <407fa862@news.povray.org>
So, last night my PC had some work to do, and generated this little
animation. 1h28min parsing and 6h45min tracing (all that media, as always)
for 150 frames at 52x384 on a 2.4GHz Athlon XP. There are roughly 2500
particles in this scene. The different particle effects don't interact with
each other, fire, water and smoke are all just timed effects. Note that the
water particles break up into smaller droplets once they hit an object.

Basically, I wanted a rather simple scene which shows a few uses for the
particle system. Rune suggested depicting some "natural" phenomenon (rather
than my usual technical stuff) for an example animation/scene, and this is
what I did!

I know, some of the particles are easily identifiable as single particles,
and the fire doesn't look too convincing. But instead of loading the scene
full of SDL which no one understands, I wanted some plain and simple code
for the End-User to dissect and look at, and of which he can easily see the
effect.

So, criticism and comments are welcome. Once this scene is done and
approven, I'll wrap things up and release the particle system. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"