POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : abstract wallpaper : Re: abstract wallpaper Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:08:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: abstract wallpaper
From: Tek
Date: 16 Apr 2004 03:37:45
Message: <407f8d49$1@news.povray.org>
"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Now THAT'S what I call ART!

Really? I call it killing time when bored! :)

> Did you to Sub-Surface Scattering with this one?

Nope, that's a solid object. It uses a variation on the metallic paint texture I
came up with ages ago (this one:
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com/gallery/index.php?gallery=misc&image=metal_hdr_car
 ), combined with a radial pigment that makes it look iridescent (even though it
isn't!).

> This is an image to "take notes" on lighting from! The lighting is
> POYFECT  :-)

The lighting is a bunch of random stuff that looked okay after a bit of
tweaking. It really isn't at all clever. Radiosity with low brightness ('cause I
was too lazy to balance out the other elements of the scene!), a big glowing box
behind the camera, and a nearby area light.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com