POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Muchos Huevos : Re: Muchos Huevos Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Muchos Huevos
From: Sun Tzu
Date: 15 Apr 2004 22:06:24
Message: <407f3fa0$1@news.povray.org>
"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> >> "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote in message
>
> <snip />
>
>  >>Too wash-out colors.
>

> Sun Tzu wrote:
>  >
> > I intentionaly made the colors 'pastel', but perhaps you're right that
it
> > would look better with more brilliant colors.  Fortunately I wrote out
the
> > xyz locations and gross sizes of the eggs to a txt file so I could try
> > different things without lengthy re-parse.
> >
> > I've attached a revised image with darker colors for your comment.  I'm
> > unsure of the newsgroup etiquette (if any) that may apply regarding
posting
> > of images in replies.  Let me know if this practice is contrary to some
such
> > rule.  Thanks.
>

> I actually liked the first one better :-) It had a more light feeling.
> Maybe more saturation?
>
> A quick note on etiquette: usually we post after a paragraph to match
> the natural order of reading (posting above is called "top posting". I
> took this particular post and reformatted; note that Rafal's response is
> first, then your response, and finally mine at the bottom. That way, the
> reader doesn't have to "scan up" the page. I also snipped out anything
> that wasn't relevant to the replies by using some sort of "snip"
indicator.

> This is, unfortunately, something we all tend to learn from tactless,
> frustrated newsgroup nazi losers who have nothing better to do. You're a
> lucky one to get me! :-)

I much prefer top posts actually.  (I'm just bottom posting now as a
courtesy to you because I now know you prefer it, hehe)  I find it very
frustrating when I've been keeping up with a thread to scroll all the way
down to the new stuff at the bottom every time.  I like to see the newest,
currently relevant text first, and if I'm not up to date with the thread I
can scroll down and read the history if I want to.  That is the way I've
always seen email done as well.  The current comments at the top and the
thread history below.

Of course if there is actually a consensus here regarding the 'correct' way
to do this I will conform.  :-)