POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First Post : Re: My First Post Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First Post
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Apr 2004 04:25:13
Message: <407e46e9$1@news.povray.org>
In article <407db205$1@news.povray.org> , Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
wrote:

>>  Remember that MIME standards
>> for Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions.
>
> Yes, and that's why HTTP uses them too, right? ;-)

No, HTTP just the media types defined by MIME.  However, HTTP has nothing to
do with MIME messages at all other than that you can of course also transmit
MIME messages with HTTP; not that anything would be able to display the...

> Sure. And if web clients showed you broken content instead of silently
> trying to correct it, a system like Google wouldn't have to incorporate
> every known trick just to work, because the first time the designer
> looked at it they'd see it's broken.

What a great argument.  It is not web clients, it is *every* newsreader that
has to do guessing where attachments start if a message is not in MIME
multipart format.  And newsreaders (if they are web based or not) would do
you no favour if they would only display 5% of messages, because that is
about the percentage of that correctly  follow the MIME standard for
attachments.

> I haven't looked at the web view. Does it allow for mixed text and
> images?

Excuse me?  Did you ever notice that most people here post images together
with some comment what the image is or some specific question?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde