POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First Post : Re: My First Post Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First Post
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Apr 2004 15:50:59
Message: <407d9623@news.povray.org>
In article <c5k3mg$9a8$3@chho.imagico.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> uuencoded would be just fine.

It currently is uuencoded, really!  Try your Linux uudecode: Start with the
begin up to the and including the ==== and pass that file to uudecode.  It
will decode it without problems.  And it will also encode in the same
format!

What you want is the classic uuencoding.  Unfortunetly, that is more
difficult to generate and has a set of problems.  Base 64 is the way to go,
but apparently to be compatiblke with the majority of newsreaders I need to
put base 64 into a MIME multipart message.  This however is non-trivial and
I hoped I could avoid this work...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde