POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First Post : Re: My First Post Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First Post
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Apr 2004 15:46:10
Message: <407d9502@news.povray.org>
In article <407d8785@news.povray.org> , Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:

>> Nope, Darren is wrong.
>
> Trust me. See my long rambling rant. "I tested it and it works" doesn't
> mean "it's right".

It does.  You need to first understand Usenet message formats to understand
why "I tested it and it works" *does* mean "it's right".  The important
thing is that "it's right" does *not* mean "everybody can parse it".  And
that is the only problem.

>> Still, if many people here use odd newsreaders rather than the mainstream
>> ones, there will probably be little choice but to generate full MIME
>> messages <sigh>
>
> If you're generating the base-64 already, it's a trivial fix. All you
> have to do is put "Content-type: image/whatever" instead of
> "text/plain", and get rid of the "begin" line, and you're golden.

Believe me, I know better what is trivial to fix and what not!  And your fix
it complete wrong, btw: It would make posting text together with images
impossible...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde