POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First Post : Re: My First Post Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First Post
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Apr 2004 13:56:32
Message: <407d7b50@news.povray.org>
In article <407d5810$1@news.povray.org> , Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
wrote:

> *If* the web site is going to send things out as uuencoded, it's quite
> important not to lie about that and hence not to put
>    content-type: text/plain
> in the headers, because it's obviously not plain text.

But that is what is inside and the header is correct!  Headers never apply
to attachments, thus it is irrelevant what is in the header.

Even if not, the robustness principle dictates that newsreaders have to
display content regardless of the format they assume if the content is
something they are able to decode.  And the newsreaders I have for testing
do this without problems.

Thus, if you cannot view the message it simply implies your newsreader does
not support this format.  Your message header is not too precise which
version of Mozilla's newsreader you are using.  If it is an early version, I
do recall their newsreader having many bugs and problems in general, so if
the current Mozilla docs suggest it should support this format, maybe the
current version does indeed do so.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde