POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First Post : Re: My First Post Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First Post
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Apr 2004 13:24:14
Message: <407d73be@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns94CB4705A1982raf256com@203.29.75.35>, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj"
<spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:

>> What do you think?
>>

>> begin-base64 644 fp.png
>> iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAoAAAAHgCAIAAAC6s0uzAAAABGdBTUEAALGPC/xhBQAAAAN
>> zQklU
>> CAgI2+FP4AAAACpJREFUeJzswTEBAAAAwqD1T20MH6AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADgYQA
>> AAP//
>

> I think that You should
>
> 1. use MIME encoding attachments
> 2. rather use jpeg instead of PNG

Wrong: He is using the web news interface posting and cannot control the
format which messages are posted in at all.

Plain (aka non-MIME) base 64 attachments have been posted to this group
before and as there had not been complaints about them back then, and given
that the newsreaders I tried did support the format, I decided to use it.

However, if there are too many (current versions of) newsreaders that do not
support this format, which I do know to be on the slightly less frequently
used group of the many messages formats in use, it will be possible to
change it.  After all, the web news view posting is only in a testing state.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.