POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image editor skews colors of rendered image : Re: Image editor skews colors of rendered image Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image editor skews colors of rendered image
From: Tim Riley
Date: 14 Apr 2004 11:32:48
Message: <407d59a0$1@news.povray.org>
John D. Gwinner wrote:

> It's not gamma, it's "Correcting" the colors for your chosen output device
> (which turns out you didn't choose <G>)
> The default is some line printer you're never going to output to, and it
> does noticably change the color.
>
> Corel is RABID about "Correcting" your colors.
>
> Go into your Color Profiles, and DELETE everything.
>
> I had the same problem, deleted all the color profiles, now I'm fine.
>
> Let me know if you can't find the setting.

You don't have to delete anything.

I haven't used version 9 for a while, but we have a manual lying around.
Page 355:

"Click Tools, Color Management. (Dis)able the Calibrate Colors for Display check
box."

To disable print correction, you either have to uncheck the appropriate box, or
choose <none> in the appropriate profiles box.