POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : A few possible bugs in POV-Ray 3.6 beta 2 : Re: A few possible bugs in POV-Ray 3.6 beta 3 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A few possible bugs in POV-Ray 3.6 beta 3
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 14 Apr 2004 03:43:19
Message: <407ceb97$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>>The same comma/macro related bug(s) exist (excluding the last bug when
>>the file doesn't exist - that is handled now correctly) also in Windows
>>version of POV-Ray 3.6 beta 3.
>

> I am missing the context.  Please post a small example for what exactly is
> still wrong.  Only the example is important.

Sorry, I was referring to my previous report. It is included below:

-------------------

First create a file "temp.dat" that has only one numerical value in it
("0", without quotes, newline doesn't matter) in the same directory as
the scene below. When I try to render the scene, I get 'The instruction
at ".." referenced memory at "..". The memory could not be "read"'. This
is the scene:

#declare A = 0;
#macro Read_Data()
     #fopen File "temp.dat" read
     #read(File, A)
     #fclose File
#end
Read_Data()

If the first line (#declare A=0;) is commented out I get the same error
expect '...could not be "written"'.

Now, if I place a comma "," (no quotes) after the "0" in temp.dat the
scene parses normally in both cases.

Interestingly, the next scene renders normally even _without_ the comma
mentioned above - also without the first declaration. The only
difference is that macro is not being used.

#declare A = 0;

#fopen File "temp.dat" read
#read(File, A)
#fclose File