POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image editor skews colors of rendered image : Re: Image editor skews colors of rendered image Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:12:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image editor skews colors of rendered image
From: Tek
Date: 14 Apr 2004 00:10:36
Message: <407cb9bc$1@news.povray.org>
Most painting programs will display an image in the true RGB values, the same as
pov, but it's possible that your image editor is set to display images with
gamma correction. Have a look through the options in your program, there should
be something there.

Or just use a simpler image editor! I know for a fact the GIMP, Paintshop Pro,
and many other programs display images in the same colours that are used in the
file without any automatic gamma correction.

Incidentally, although the pov docs give a really good description of what gamma
correction is, your problem is definitely to do with your image viewer, not
povray. So you don't need to change your scene at all.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com