POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : US Brig Niagara WIP Update : US Brig Niagara WIP Update Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  US Brig Niagara WIP Update
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 12 Apr 2004 08:35:08
Message: <407a8cfc$1@news.povray.org>
It's been a while since I posted an up date. Most of my time has been spent
modelling the square sails using the mech sim feature in MegaPov 1. As you
can see, I need to re-work the spanker sail (The one on the back) to include
some collision detection on some of the surrounding rigging.

I have also been working on some macros to automate the rigging work. The
macros are essentially modified versions of the links.inc file. I will make
them available when I am done and they are cleaned up.

I used an AA of +a 0.1 and +am2, this is still not good enough for such a
small image.

As always your thoughts and criticisms are appreciated. This community has
done a lot to increase the quality of my work and I value your opinions and
input.

On a seperate note, I have noticed that textures can look quite different
under differing radiosity settings. Under what radiosity settings and light
conditions do you normally develop textures?

Tim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'US Brig Niagara.jpg' (67 KB)