POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old Lathe <wip> : Re: Old Lathe <wip> Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Lathe <wip>
From: Dan P
Date: 11 Apr 2004 21:40:02
Message: <4079f372@news.povray.org>
Xplo Eristotle wrote:
> St. wrote:
>
>>  An old 'Rochelle' lathe. Probably from the late 50's, early 60's. I
>> built this yesterday, and don't really like the steel texture. I'm
>> using:
>>
>>   texture{Silver_Metal scale  0
>>   normal{bumps .1 scale 0.00000001}
>>   finish{reflection .13 ambient .12}}
>>
>>   How can I improve this and make it dirty-looking?

<snip:criticism />

> Oh yeah, and don't scale anything by 0. That's just dumb. I'm actually
> surprised POV-Ray let you get away with it.

POV-Ray will default to 1 when it finds a 0. For example, if you choose
to "scale 2*y", it will warn you about it and say it is using 1 instead.

Surely you didn't mean to offend here so, just to make it clear, anybody
who can make such a magnificent model is anything but dumb.
--
Respectfully,
Dan P